Dr. V. Raghavan received his PhD from I.I.T. Madras in 2004. He worked as Post Doctoral Research Fellow and Research Assistant Professor at University of Nebraska-Lincoln for around three years from Oct 2004 to June 2007 before joining IIT Madras.
His research interest includes droplet evaporation and combustion, laminar flames and CFD applied to combustion. He works on transient two-phase numerical modeling of isolated droplet vaporization and combustion, detailed chemical kinetics studies on homogeneous and heterogeneous flames and simulations of non-reactive and reactive particle laden flows.
Awards & Honors
- University third rank in Bharathiar university during B.E Mechanical.
- University first rank in Anna university during M.E Aeronautical.
- Akhilesh Kumar Sahu, Joshi, K. A., Raghavan, V., Rangwala, A. S., Comprehensive Numerical Modeling of Ignition of Coal Dust Layers in Different Configurations, Proceedings of the Combustion Institute, DOI: 10.1016/j.proci.2014.06.128, 2014
- Shantanu Sarkar, S. Raghuram, V. Raghavan, Transient Evaporation of Moving Water Droplets in Steam-Hydrogen-Air Environment, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 64, 536-546, 2013.
- Xie, Y., Raghavan, V., Rangwala, A. S., Study of interaction of entrained coal dust particles in lean methane-air premixed flames. Combustion and Flame, 159 (12), 2449-2456, 2012.
- Balaji, B., Raghavan, V., Ramamurthi, K., Gogos, G., A numerical study of evaporation characteristics of spherical n-dodecane droplets in high pressure nitrogen environment. Physics of Fluids, 23, (6), 2011.
- Parag, S., Raghavan, V., Experimental investigation of burning rates of pure ethanol and ethanol blended fuels. Combustion and Flame, 156, 997-1005, 2009.