Office Room No: NAC-325, New Academic Complex, Fluid Systems Laboratory
Tel: (O) : +91 44 2257 4667
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal webpage: http://mech.iitm.ac.in/Faculty/spdas
Dr. Shyama Prasad Das received his PhD from Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India in 2006. He worked as a fellow scientist at National Aerospace Laboratories, Bangalore for nearly three years from 2009 to 2012 before joining IIT Madras. He also worked as Post Doctoral Fellow at Laboratoire des Ecoulements Geophysiques et Industriels, Grenoble, France and at Centre de Thermique de Lyon, Villeurbanne, France for three years from 2006 to 2009.
His research interests include unsteady hydrodynamics and aerodynamics, heat and mass transfer, interfacial hydrodynamics and transport, turbomachines.
Awards & Honors
- Professor V. M. Krishna Sastri Best Paper Award at 4th ISHMT -ASME Heat and Mass Transfer held at Pune, India, January,2000.
- D. K. Raja, S. P. Das, and E. J. Hopfinger, 2020 Extreme singular events associated with inertial-viscous cusp formation in fluids, Phys. Fluids, 32, 062104.
- A. Uppu, A. Chaudhuri, S.P. Das, 2019 Numerical modeling of particulate fouling and cake-enhanced concentration polarization in roto-dynamic reverse osmosis filtration systems, Desalination, 468, 114053.
- D. K. Raja, S. P. Das, and E. J. Hopfinger, 2019 On standing gravity wave-depression cavity collapse and jetting, J. Fluid Mech., 866, 112–131.
- S. P. Das, U. Srinivasan and J. H. Arakeri, 2016 Instabilities in unsteady boundary layers with reverse flow, Eur. Jl. Mech. B-Fluids, 55, pp. 49-62.
- S. P. Das, U. Srinivasan and J. H. Arakeri, Unsteady separation and vortex shedding from a laminar separation bubble over a bluff body, Journal of Fluids and Structures, 40, pp. 233–245, 2013.
- S. P. Das, V. S. Nikolayev, F. Lefevre, B. Pottier, S. Khandekar, and J. Bonjour, Thermally induced two-phase oscillating flow inside a capillary tube, International journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 53, pp. 3905-3913, 2010.
- E. J. Hopfinger and S. P. Das, Mass transfer enhancement by capillary waves at a liquid-vapour interface, Experiments in Fluids, Vol. 46, 597-605, 2009.
- S. P. Das and E. J. Hopfinger, Mass transfer enhancement by gravity waves at a liquid-vapour interface, International journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol. 52, pp. 1400-1411, 2009.
- S. P. Das and E. J. Hopfinger, Parametrically forced gravity waves in a circular cylinder and finite time singularity, Journal of Fluid Mechanics, Vol. 599, pp 205-228, 2008.