Office Room No : MSB 310, Manufacturing Engineering Section
Tel: (O) : +91 44 2257 4681
Email : email@example.com
Personal webpage: Link
Dr. Somashekhar received the Doctoral Degree in 2004 from Indian Institute of Technology Madras, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. He has published more than 150 papers papers in National and International level. He has delivered more than 75 Invited talks on various topics of his research at Engineering Colleges, Universities, Research Centers, Industries, and Conferences. Currently he is handling many Consultancy and Sponsored Projects of various industries and R&D institutions of Defense, Government of India.
His current research areas are Mechatronic System Design-System Simulation and Modeling, Robotics, Finite Element Modeling – basically Fluid Structure Interactions, Micromachining, Advanced machining processes – basically Hybrid Processes and Fluid Power Systems.
Awards & Honors
- Innovative Student Project Award 2005 – Best Ph. D. Thesis of the year 2004-05 in Mechanical Engineering Department from Indian National Academy of Engineering (INAE), New Delhi.
- Prof. K. Arumugam National Award for Innovative Research Work in Engineering and Technology (for Faculty of Degree Level Technical Institution) from Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE), New Delhi.
- Certificate of Achievement for Guiding Best MS Thesis in Mechanical Engineering from Indian National Academy of Engineering (INAE), New Delhi
- 4. Certificate of Achievement for Guiding Best MS Thesis in Mechanical Engineering from Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE), New Delhi.
- R. Ramakrishnan, Somashekhar S. Hiremath, M. Singaperumal “Design strategy for improving the energy efficiency in series hydraulic/electric synergy system”, Energy 67 (2014), pp. 422-434.
- Lijo Paul Somashekhar S. Hiremath and Jinka Ranganayakulu “Experimental investigation and parametric analysis of electro chemical discharge machining”, Int. J. Manufacturing Technology and Management, Vol. 28, Nos. 1/2/3, pp. 57-79, 2014.
- Ranjeet Kumar Sahu, Somashekhar S. Hiremath, Manivannan P. V. and M. Singaperumal, “Generation and Characterization of Copper Nanoparticles Using Micro-Electrical Discharge Machining” , LMMP #872263, VOL 29, ISS 4, Taylor & Francis Group, LLC, Materials and Manufacturing Processes, 29: 1–10, 2014.