Office: 401, Machine Design Section
Tel: (O) : +91 44 2257 4690
Email : email@example.com
Personal webpage: https://sites.google.com/site/iitmmouli
Prof. Chandramouli earned his Ph. D. from The Ohio State University, USA, in 1994. After a stint in the industry with Copeland Corporation (now Emerson Climate Technologies) in the US, he returned to IIT Madras as a faculty in 1997.
His primary research interests are in the areas of Non-linear and Multi-body Dynamics, Noise and Vibration
Thesis of Students (downloadable)
Awards & Honors
- Thomas French Achievement Award, The Ohio State University, 2016
- C V Raman Award, Acoustical Society of India, 2011 and 1999
- Young Engineer Award, Indian National Academy of Engineering, 2000
- I. R. Praveen Krishna and C. Padmanabhan, 2018, “Experimental and Numerical Investigations on Rotor-Stator Rub,” To appear in Proceedings of IMechE Part C: Journal of Mechanical Engineering Science, https://doi.org/10.1177/0954406217735348
- B. Nidish Narayanaa, I. R. Praveen Krishna and C. Padmanabhan, 2018, “A Harmonic-Energy Balance Method for Nonlinear Conservative Systems,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, vol. 422, pp. 526-541.
- I. Mahalingam and C. Padmanabhan, 2017, “Planar multi-body dynamics of a tracked Vehicle using Imaginary Wheel model for tracks,” Defence Science Journal, vol. 67, pp. 460-464.
- Ch. V. S. N. Reddi and C. Padmanabhan, 2016, ”Design Relation and End Correction Formula for Multi-Orifice Intruded Helmholtz Resonators,” Proceedings of IMechE Part C: Journal of Mechanical Engineering Science, vol. 230, pp. 939-947
- D. D. Ebenezer, K. Ravichandran and C. Padmanabhan, 2015, “Free and forced vibrations of hollow elastic cylinders of finite length,” Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, vol. 137, pp. 2927-2938.
- Ch. V. S. N. Reddi and C. Padmanabhan, 2015, ”Design Relations and Simplified Reactance Formulas for Multi-orifice Helmholtz Resonator,” Acta Acustica united with Acustica, vol. 101, pp. 124-133.
- I. R. Praveen Krishna and C. Padmanabhan, 2015, ”Experimental and Numerical Investigations on Impacting Cantilever Beams: Second Mode Response,” International Journal of Mechanical Sciences, vol. 92, pp. 187-193.
- B. Santhosh, S. Narayanan and C. Padmanabhan, 2014, “Numeric-Analytic Solutions of the Smooth and Discontinuous Oscillator,” International Journal of Mechanical Sciences, vol. 84, pp. 102-119.