Office : Room No. 203, Heat Transfer and Thermal Power Laboratory
Tel: (O) : +91 44 2257 4655
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal webpage: https://home.iitm.ac.in/skdas/
Google Scholar: Click Here
Dr. Sarit Kumar Das received his PhD from Sambalpur University in 1994 and worked as Post-Doctoral Fellow at University of BW Hamburg, Germany before joining IIT Madras in 1995.
His research interest includes:
- Nanofluids & Microfluidics
- Battery Thermal Management
- Hydrogen Energy & Fuel Cell
He has guided over 40 Ph.D. research scholars and has published 7 books and more than 340 publications. He is one of the highest cited mechanical engineers in the country. He was Visiting Professor and Peabody Visiting Chair Professor of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), USA.
Awards & Honors
- “IIT Madras Lifetime Achievement Research Award” in June 2021.
- “Distinguished Alumnus Award”– National Institute of Technology, Rourkela, 2020.
- “India Citation Awards 2012” conferred by Thomson Reuters.
- “Fellow of National Academy of Sciences (NASI)”, Allahabad, 2011.
- “Peabody visiting Professor”, MIT, Cambridge, Massachusetts, 2011.
- “Fellow of the Indian National Academy of Engineering (FNAE)”, 2006.
- “Prof. K. N. Seetharamu Award and Medal for Excellence in Research”, awarded by Indian Society for Heat and Mass Transfer, 2006.
- “Alexander von Humboldt Research Fellowship”, Germany: 2000-01.
- “Bhagaya Lakshmi Krishna Ayengar Award” of IIT Madras (jointly) for guiding the best B.Tech project on Alternative Energy in 2003.
- “DAAD (German academic exchange)” Fellowship 1993-94.
- “Institute Professor”, May 2021- present.
- “Institute Chair Professor”, May 2016- present.
- “Member of Standing Committee of IIT Council” 2020.
- “Director”, IIT Ropar, June 2015 – Jan 2021.
- “Dean Academic Research”, IIT Madras from 2012 – 2015.
- “Chairman, Research Task Force”, IIT Madras from Jul 2012 – Jan 2013.
- “Member, Board of Governors”, NIT Pondicherry, 2012 – present
- “Head, Heat Transfer Lab”, IIT Madras from 1997-2000.
- “President, Faculty Association”, IIT Madras, 2012-2013.
- “Member, Board of Governors”, NIT Kurukshetra.
- “Member, Board of Governors”, NIT Jalandhar.
- “Member, Board of Governors”, I.K. Gujral Punjab Technical University.
- “Member, Board of Governors”, IISER, Mohali.
- Model for heat conduction in nanofluids, DH Kumar, HE Patel, VRR Kumar, T Sundararajan, T Pradeep, SK Das, Physical Review Letters 93 (14), 144301 (2004)
- Computationally guided photothermal tumor therapy using long-circulating gold nanorod antennas; G von Maltzahn, JH Park, A Agrawal, NK Bandaru, SK Das, MJ Sailor, S. N. Bhatia, Cancer Research 69 (9), 3892-3900, (2009).
- Stability and resonant wave interactions of confined two-layer Rayleigh–Bénard systems; SV Diwakar, S Tiwari, SK Das, T Sundararajan, Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 754, 415-455, (2014).
- Experimental investigation of dry feed operation in a polymer electrolyte membrane fuel cell; PK Jithesh, T Sundararajan, SK Das, Journal of Power Sources 260, 243-250 (2014).