Office: Room No: 208, Machine Design Section
Tel: (O): +91 44 2257 4719
Dr. Ratna Kumar Annabattula received his PhD from University of Groningen, The Netherlands in 2011. He received his B.E. (Andhra University) and M.E. (Indian Institute of Science) in 2002 and 2004, respectively, both in Mechanical Engineering. He was as a postdoctoral researcher at Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Germany for about two and half years before joining IIT Madras in December 2012. He was with G.E. India Technology Centre, Bangalore, India for 10 months as a Design Engineer during 2004-2005.
His current research interests include mechanics of stimuli-responsive thin films, mechanics of granular materials and multiscale materials modeling.
Awards & Honors
- Young Faculty Recognition Award (YFRA) for teaching and research at IIT Madras, 2015
- Thomas Young Centre’s Junior Research Fellowship at UCL, London, 2012
- DAAD-GO8 visiting fellowship at The University of Sydney, Australia, August 2012
- Haobin Liang, Jianlei Niua, Ratna KumarAnnabattula, K.S.Reddy, Ali Abbas, Minh Tri Luu, Yixiang Gan Phase change material thermal energy storage design of packed bed units, Journal of Energy Storage, 51, 104576 (2022)
- Pramod Kumbhar, Deep Malu, Narasimhan Swaminathan and Ratna Kumar AnnabattulaAn analytical study on the diffusion induced contact interactions between ellipsoidal electrode particles in lithium ion batteries, Journal of Power Sources 529, 231224 (2022)
- Marc del Pozo, Jeroen A. H. P. Sol, Stefan H. P. van Uden, Akhil R. Peeketi, Sean J. D. Lugger, Ratna K. Annabattula, Albert P. H. J. Schenning, and Michael G. Debije Patterned Actuators via Direct Ink Writing of Liquid Crystals, ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 13, 59381-59391 (2021)
- Mayank Raj, Sanket Thakre, Ratna Kumar Annabattula and Anand K Kanjarla Estimation of local strain fields in two-phase elastic composite materials using U-Net based deep learning, Integrating Materials and Manufacturing Innovation, 10, 444-460 (2021)
- Adithya Ramgopal, Akhil Reddy Peeketi and Ratna Kumar Annabattula Numerical analysis and design of light-driven liquid crystal polymer-based motorless miniature cart, Soft Matter, 17, 7714-7728 (2021)
- Sujith Reddy Jaggannagari, Raghuram Karthik Desu, Jörg Reimann, Yixiang Gan, Marigrazia Moscardini and Ratna Kumar Annabattula DEM simulations of vibrated sphere packings in slender prismatic containers, Powder Technology, 393, 31-59 (2021)
- Akhil Reddy Peeketi, Narasimhan Swaminathan and Ratna Kumar Annabattula Modeling the combined photo-chemo/thermo-mechanical actuation in azobenzene-doped liquid crystal thin films, Journal of Applied Physics, 129, 145107 (2021)
- Sri Datta Rapaka, Manoj Pandey and Ratna Kumar Annabattula Theoretical analysis on the dynamic compressive behavior of cellular solids with non-linear variation in cross-sectional area, International Journal of Impact Engineering, 155, 103921 (2021)