Dr. A. Seshadri Sekhar received his PhD from IIT Madras, India in 1993. He has joined IIT Kharagpur in 1993 as a lecturer and got promoted as Professor in 2003. He has published over 150 papers in international journals and conferences. He is the co-author of the book –Dynamic Analysis of Rotating Systems and Applications (Multi Science Publishing Ltd., UK).
His areas of research include rotor dynamics, tribology, condition monitoring and vibrations. He had earlier worked as an Engineer, for about 4 years in NTPC and BemL, before settling in teaching profession.
Awards & Honors
- Carrier Award for Young Teacher by All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE) in 1998.
- Alexander von Humboldt Research Fellowship, TU Darmstadt, Germany, 2001-2002.
- Served as an editorial member of the Journal of Advances in Mechanical Engineering (Hindawi Publishing Corporation), 2008-14.
- Member, Board of studies (BoS) for GITAM University (2006-09); Member BoS & Academic council, KL University, Vijayawada, AP, INDIA (2010-13).
- N. Harish Chandra and A.S.Sekhar, “Swept sine testing of rotors for damping estimation” J. of Sound and vibration, 333: 604-620 (2014).
- P.Srikanth and A.S.Sekhar, “Dynamic analysis of fixed speed wind turbine drive train subjected to non-stationary wind load excitation” Journal of Mechanical Engg. Science, I. Mech, Part C, 229: 429-446 (2015).
- M. Chandra Sekhar Reddy and A. S. Sekhar “Detection and monitoring of coupling misalignment in rotors using torque measurements” Measurements, 61: 111-122 (2015).