1. Basics of IC Engines, Engine components and classification
2. Ideal cycles and Fuel-air cycles
3. Combustion in SI and CI engines, Combustion stages, Combustion chambers and Abnormal combustion
4. Fuel supply systems in SI and CI engines, carburettors, Port fuel injection, Direct injection and Common rail injection
5. Ignition system, Lubrication system and Cooling system
6. Testing of IC engines
7. Engine emissions and control
Obert E. F, “Internal Combustion Engines and Air Pollution”, Harper and Row Publication Inc. NY, 1973.
Heisler H, “Advanced Engine Technology”, Edward Arnold, 1995.
Heywood J. B, “Internal Combustion Engine Fundamentals”, McGraw Hill Book Co. NY, 1989
Heldt P. M, “High Speed Combustion Engines”, Oxford & IBH publishing Co. India, 1985.
Stockel M W, Stockel T S and Johanson C, “Auto Fundamentals”, The Goodheart, Wilcox Co. Inc., Illinois, 1996.