All the PhD students of the department are required to take comprehensive examination one year after their joining. It is required to pass this exam to continue further research. Few guidelines on the modalities of the comprehensive examination procedure are given below.
- The comprehensive examination will have two components: written test and oral test.
- The written examination will be from the stream-wise subjects in addition to Mathematics.
- The duration of the examination is 180 minutes.
- The candidate has to choose two subjects from the list of courses offered. Mathematics is compulsory third subject.
- The weightage for each stream-wise subject is 40% and the remaining 20% is allocated to Mathematics.
The syllabus for the written test may be downloaded from the stream-wise links given below: